Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Greetings Mamas

Hello there, my name is Tshepo, this is a space and support group for all the mothers who are immigrants in foreign countries without the support of family and friends. It also helps to support even those without children, and living as immigrants in foreign lands.

I have been an immigrant for over 10 years and most of it I was single and a vagabond, on my path living in foreign countries I have paid attention to the need for a support group/community for foreigners/immigrants. It is not easy to move and settle in a new country. There are a lot of things that one needs assistance with and it always helps if one has people to assist to make the transition easy.

I recently became a mother and through talks with other mothers, I have found out that most of us immigrant mothers feel alone and are really dealing with a huge challenge that most of us just suck it up and deal with quietly. As most of us are from African countries where we are raised to keep quiet and not complain we tend to fight quiet battles through motherhood on our own.

This space is for all of you to know that you have someone and to feel some form of community through cyber space and hopefully turn our friendships in to reality.

Welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment